Tuesday 24 April 2012

A night out in Madrid


Had a fabulous last night in town mixing with the locals. We started at Mercado De San Manguel (the market place/ trendy wine and tapas bar) where we had exceptional Sangria, olives and other decadent tapas treats. We then strolled through the narrow streets until we came across an interesting Spanish Restaurant. The atmosphere and décor were fabulous, however the food was not nearly as good as it was at Mercado De San Manguel. I got the shock of my life after accidentally consuming chilli seeds. The panic set in as my glands started to swell. After requesting milk or yoghurt and being informed by my husband, "You won't find any of that in here", I downed every drink on the table. Much to my relief, Kassie had some left over paw paw she bought at the market, which was the only thing that seemed to calm the sensation. What an experience! Very entertaining for those around me.  Being a fellow Aussie, James was amused by Andrew’s lack of empathy or concern and stated, “Andrew, you are the calmest man I have ever met,” to which Rew responded with “She’ll be right mate.”
Soaking up the lively feel of the Plaza Mayor at night, we spent time wandering through the square, people watching. Such a good way to get a glimpse of the local culture.




Our taxi ride home was very memorable. We roared through the streets with The Bee Gees, The Cranberries and Kiss “I was made for loving you”, blasting through the speakers. We stumbled on to the pavement laughing after leaving a big smile on our Taxi driver’s face.


No comments:

Post a Comment