Tuesday 17 April 2012

Bordeaux - L'dour - Pau

Spent the night in Bordeaux, renowned as the world's major wine industry capital. Another lovely French city. 



Enjoyed the scenery as we passed through the sprawling vineyards of Sauternes and Graves. Stopped at L'adour for morning tea. Meeting this adorable French poodle propped up on a seat on the pavement made me miss my dear little Seth at home. I have to say this poodle was a lot more refined than my poodle! 


Had lunch in the picturesque commune of Pau, located on the Northern edge of the stunning Pyrenees. This quaint village was once used by Napolean as a holiday home during his period in power. We were awestruck by yet another Chateaux in Pau (pronounced po). We love the diversity of housing in France. Stay tuned for more photos to be added to this post. My memory card died in Pau and our new friend James has offered me his photos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment