Saturday 28 April 2012

Assisi, Umbria, Italy


I love Umbria and I love Assisi! We are delighted with our lodgings in Assisi, Umbria. It is like stepping back into olde world charm. Imagine my surprise, when I opened the bathroom louvres on arrival and popped my head out the window to hear, “Bon journo”, from an adorable elderly Italian mamma tending to her herb garden below. I knew immediately I would never want to leave this enchanting place. I now have a richer understanding of movies such as, “Under the Tuscan Sun” and “My House in Umbria”.


Holly plant





Friar Tuck!!

























Whilst visiting the Church in Assisi, we declined  the stairs to enter the crypt. It felt quite intrusive circling St Francis' sarcophagus, as there were numerous nuns and monks kneeling prayer, surrounding the tomb. After hearing of St Clare and her dedication to serving Christ in affiliation with St Francis, we were touched to read the following quote,

"Ever since I have known the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, no suffering has been bothersome, no penance too severe, no infirmity has been hard." St Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment